Again...

Have started again and again...weight loss, organizing, keeping life simple...the list goes on and on. I am human and can only take one step at a time. I want to share my stories of life and get feedback on how to make the best of it.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Today is just not my day...

I have very good intentions to have a good, normal day.  But every door has been shut in my face!!!  Sheesh!  First, my husband texts me and tells me I left the burner on when I made my oatmeal this morning.  Then he texts me and asked where the burritos I said I was going to make him out of leftovers were.  Well I forgot to make them.  UGH!  Then work crap happens, people just can't worry about themselves I tell ya!  It is retarded! But I move on, I try to keep that smile on my face and chug through the day.  I think to myself "can't wait for my walk at lunch!" 

Lunchtime roles around and I change my clothes and fill my water bottle and hit the streets. To the hill...
Going up!!  This is what we call Ash Hill.  It is a good jaunt and pretty steep. 


This is half way up... the steepest part.


THE TOP OF THE HILL!  I love the top of the hills I climb!  It is a good accomplishment no matter how many times I have walked it!

Then I walk around a neighborhood that I haven't been through in a long time.  It seemed more runned down and not as pretty.  But my mind is diverted to my feet because I feel like the rubber soles are being melted off as I walk!  My feet are HOT! But I keep going, bound and determined to have a good walk!

I come around and start back towards the top of the hill.  And as I am figuring out which neighborhood to walk through for the next part of my walk, my husband calls me.  He asks, "honey did you feed and water Fluffy lately?" (Fluffy is our guinea pig of 5 years) I say, "yes honey, I did yesterday, why what's wrong? Is Fluffy dead?"  My dear husband says, "Ya, I'm sorry honey." Then he asks, "are you crying?"  "No", I say, "just feel bad and hope she didn't suffer". I am sad.  I cut my walk short and just head back to the office.  I am just going to face the facts and my day sucks.  Now I have to tell my daughter...

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww no! Im sorry you have to break the news to.your daughter.
    Your day will get better. Im proud of you for always trying to find the good around you.
    Love you Bestie!!

    ReplyDelete