Again...

Have started again and again...weight loss, organizing, keeping life simple...the list goes on and on. I am human and can only take one step at a time. I want to share my stories of life and get feedback on how to make the best of it.

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Grade

So today I thought I would challenge myself a bit and walk up the big hill called Kermal Grade.  I have done this before and I remember it being quite difficult, so I said "heck, it's Friday, let's give it a go!" I will have a long weekend to recoup! 


This one isn't too pretty! :)
 This is a couple shots of the bottom of the hill.  There is a lot of traffic zooming up and down this road.  So you have to be very cautious.  I am feeling pretty good. 



This is the view from half way up the hill.  That is my little town that I work in!  So at this point I am sweating and feeling like I am walking up hill! LOL!  But I am still feeling good! 

AND THEN....
THE TOP OF THE HILL!!!!  Do the happy dance!!!  Funny thing, it really wasn't that challenging.  It was hot, but not hard.  It was a good walk, don't get me wrong but it wasn't impossible!!!  I am going to feel it tomorrow because my leg muscles have that tingling sensation going on.  I think I will do this hill twice a week. 

It took me 15 minutes to get to the top and I kept going for another 15 minutes because I have an hour and I wanted to walk my whole lunch hour.  I am thinking I probably walked a few miles but I mainly go on time since I have my phone with me to check time not distance. 

And then...
Going down!!!  :)  Oh ya baby! 

I feel like I have lost 5 pounds already! :) 

So I have to tell you a funny story about yesterday.  I got back from my walk and I was all sweaty and red faced and I was getting my bag to change back into my work clothes.  I work in the reception area and so there was a lady at the counter waiting.  I had to say hi and she looked at me weird.  I said I was just getting back from my lunch hour and asked how I could help her.  She needed to talk to someone, so I was looking to see if that someone was available and the lady asks, "having a hot flash?"  I WAS STUNNED!  OMG!!  Do I seriously look old enough to have a hot flash?  I am 35 for goodness sakes!!  I turned to her nicely and said, "No I just got done walking a few miles." with a smile.  Then when I tell my friend about it, she laughs and says "its the grey hair...it's deceiving." OMG!!!  Totally dying my hair now!!  I kinda wanted to ask the lady "when's your baby due?"  and see how she felt about that!

So plans for exercise for the weekend????  Yard work and walking.  I'll keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment