Again...

Have started again and again...weight loss, organizing, keeping life simple...the list goes on and on. I am human and can only take one step at a time. I want to share my stories of life and get feedback on how to make the best of it.

Monday, September 26, 2011

lunch time walk

HI!  So yesterday I did a mock run of the 5K in 20-25 mile/hr winds!  It was crazy I tell ya!  I didn't do very well, I did it in about 45 minutes. It was really, really hard to do with the wind and I got a charlie horse in my calves lol!  But I did it!!  I plan on working on some endurance this week and maybe another mock run on Wednesday and then resting a bit Thursday and Friday with some light walking so that I am fresh and ready for Saturday.  I didn't realize how hard this was.  It sounds so easy in my head! LOL!  I think I am feeling a little down on myself but my husband keeps telling me positive stuff about how good I am doing and how proud he is of me and that he can see a difference.  I don't feel that I push myself enough when I am by myself.  I think on Saturday at the race, it will be different.  I know now how to prepare just a bit better.  I definitely need to stretch more! :)

So today at lunch, my co-worker asked me to walk the hill with her.  I mapped it out at Google pedometer and it is 3 miles! And two hills!!!  I did that in 45 minutes!  Walking!  So I just don't get it!  Why is my mock 5K the same as this walk???  Maybe I timed it wrong?  I totally need to do it again. 

oh, the view... :) totally worth it!  It was a nice cool, drizzling day and it was perfect!  I needed it! 

What I have eaten so far today:
Greek Yogurt with oatmeal: 225
Pear - 81
Carrots and chicken dip - 125
protein shake - 100
Fruit snack - 70

The hard time of day is coming for me...the 3 o'clock munchies!!!!  And everywhere you look there is candy corn, snickers mini bars, bad sugar monsters!!!  I will put a piece of gum in my mouth and chew chew chew until my mind stops playing tricks on me!  It is like Halloween every day in my little brain!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment